Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day One of IOP

Today was my first day at Green Oaks Intensive Outpatient Program. It was a good day, one of the better days I've had in awhile, honestly. I got up this morning at 8, but didn't want to. I peed the the pups and ate some crackers then headed to the hospital. I waited a long time to be seen, but around 10 they took me in. I got signed in and then I went to a session.
This one was weird, people were talking about some drama that had happened when I wasn't there. Then we had lunch, then a game. Then we had a last session. Here we were told to start a journal and write whatever. What happened today, how we feel about things. We will do better as we do it longer. I wanted to start a new blog so that no one could read it! This is to stay personal so I can write about how crazy I am without losing my cool. ha ha... that's kind of what todays session was about, wearing masks. I guess I feel like I need to look cool or eclectic because I don't feel I'll ever be sexy. This look seems to get positive reactions from people. So, I stick with it. But, I'd love to be sexy, that to me seems impossible though. I hope that this program will give me some more self confidence, and new friends. I got new pills today too, I hope those work ok for me. One thing I like about this program is that i get to see my Dr everyday. I think that will help a lot.
After I got out of the hospital I came home and talked to Ethan a bit. He got up early to see me. We just layed in bed and he did fall back asleep, I took a small nap too. At 4 we got up and went to Taco Bell, then to pick up my medicine at CVS. They charged me the wrong amount of money at first, so we had to wait for them to fix it. After that Ethan and I went home and got cleaned up. Then I took him to work then I went to Johnny's art show at the W downtown.
I saw a bunch of people I know there, Nina, Stephanie, Catherine, Johnny, Dan, and Jerry. I talked to everyone, that was fun. I fell in love with theurbanfabric.com that guy was amazing. I liked his work better than Johnny's, actually. After I left, I came home and took Berg out and let Penny run around. I watched some tv, and then came and got on the computer. Then I went to Razoo's with Cat, Thuan and Ethan. That was fun, we all got burgers.
Tomorrow I need to call the CoDA people, call about my apt with Janice, and get their website again so I can fax those papers. Friday I will miss IOP and go see Janice and get my allergy shot too. My mom still has my wallet, I hope that doesn't screw up my session with Janice.


Smile: The best part of today was when Johnny told us there were nuts in the bathroom at the W, and that he imagined a nasty guy wipeing his butt then eating the nuts.
Frown: The worst part of the day was when I had to wake up.

No comments: